Applications are invited for the
MGI Irrigation Environmental Management Fund for 2017
The Fund has been established to support environmental enhancement projects in the Waihao Downs and Morven Glenavy Irrigation areas. Priority for the distribution and use of the Fund will be given to the following types of projects:
- Physical protection of, stock exclusion from. And indigenous vegetation planting along riparian margins of rivers and streams;
- Wetland enhancement and wetland creation, including the development of wetlands along intermittent streams;
- Permanent protection of wetland areas that could contain mudfish
- Reduction or mitigation of hill country erosion and sediment runoff, provided that the intended use of the land involved is not for agricultural purposes;
- Projects for the enhancement of Scheme Farmers own properties, that are not directly covered by Farm Environment Plan requirements, may be eligible for up to 50% levy rebate provided that the project can demonstrate environmental benefits;
- Environmental management projects required as a result of the effects of the operation of the Irrigation Scheme, that are not covered by individual Farm Environment Plan requirements or resource consent conditions.
Click for detailed information about Project Criteria and Fund eligibility; along with the Waihao Downs Irrigation Environmental Fund Application Form 2017 and the Guideline for Waihao Downs Irrigation Environmental Fund Proposals 2017.
Applications close on 31 May 2017
If you require information in addition to what is available on the website, please contact Judith Neilson (Environmental Manager) by phone on 0275223354 or email email@example.com