The 2024/2025 Environmental Funding round will be open for applications soon.
The Fund has been established to support environmental enhancement projects in the Waihao Downs and Morven Glenavy Irrigation areas. Priority for the distribution and use of the Fund will be given to the following types of projects:
- Indigenous plantings along riparian margins of rivers, streams, and drains.
- The creation and/or enhancement of wetlands, including the development of wetlands along intermittent streams and critical source areas.
- Development, protection and/or enhancement of mahinga kai areas.
- Permanent protection of wetland areas that could contain Canterbury mudfish.
- Sediment control management/mitigations to protect waterways.
- Reduction or mitigation of hill country erosion and sediment runoff, provided that the intended use of the land involved is not for agricultural purposes.
- Riparian planting to enhance and/or protect waterways and wetland areas.
- Projects for the enhancement of Scheme Farmers own properties, that are not directly covered by Farm Environment Plan requirements, may be eligible for up to 50% levy rebate provided that the project can demonstrate environmental benefits.
- Environmental management projects required due the operation of the Irrigation Scheme, that are not covered by individual Farm Environment Plan requirements, or resource consent conditions.
- Establishment, development, and enhancement of habitat that supports indigenous species.
If you require information in addition to what is available on the website, please contact Judith Ireland (Environmental Manager) by phone on 0275223354 or email email@example.com